Import Your Protocol Document into OSF
To reduce the amount of time needed to populate your protocol, we’ve also developed an importer that will automatically transfer this information directly into your OSF project, fully formatted. You’ll be able to use the importer not just to create Wiki pages, but to organize your project into components and even sub-components, if desired.
This video tutorial and the corresponding instructions below will guide you in this process.
First, you’ll need:
- A registered OSF account
- An OSF project to import into
- A Google Document OR a Microsoft Word (.docx) Document
- Go to the URE Plugins Index, and click “Log In.”
- Sign in to OSF via the pop-up that appears. You may need to disable your pop-up blocker.
- Click “Allow” to allow the importer to access your account.
- Select the import type you plan to use. If you to choose to import via Google Doc, you will need to sign in to your Google Account. If you choose to import via MS Word Document, note that only (.docx) files are compatible.
- Once you’ve selected an import type, you can search for the OSF project you wish to import into by typing its name. Select the project.
- Review the Document and Wiki and Component Break Options. (These are already preset to convert each section of your protocol document into Wiki pages).
- Click “Import”. This step may take a few minutes.
- Once it says “Import Complete”, your protocol should appear in your OSF project in your desired formatting.
Note: Should you encounter an unexpected problem with the importer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a Template
To provide a consistent format to projects included within our Collection, our research team has developed a series of templates for contributors to use. Click here to learn more about them, or select any method below to see its template. Each link will take you to a Google document.
From there, select File>Make a Copy OR File > Download As > Microsoft Word (.docx)